Good morning! I’m writing this at 6:45 am from the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal waiting to head back over to the Sunshine Coast. I have a tiny case of the Monday’s, probably because springing forward this weekend means it’s pitch black out there.
I’ve been pretty quiet here since the marathon, mostly because (1) I haven’t raced (2) I’ve been studying for the CCFP, and (3) I’ve been away working in Sechelt/Wilson Creek as part of a rural medicine experience.
I definitely want to devote a couple of posts to living, running and working on the Sunshine Coast, but this morning my plan was to get organized for my 2017 races. So far, I have a few longer things on the calendar, and I hope to fill in some shorter races too.
- April Fools Half Marathon (Gibsons to Sechelt) – since I’m already living on the coast for a few months, I may as well throw a race in here, right?!
- Sun Mountain 50k – I signed up for my first ultra! And it’s 10 weeks away! More on this coming :)
- Longest Day 5k – My current 5k PR and a really fun Friday evening race complete with post-run picnic
- Seawheeze Half Marathon – this was such a fun race last year, and since it’s my current PR I really wanted to come back and run again
- Squamish 23km – this race has a reputation for being hard. And, only a week after Seawheeze, it might be interesting ;).
- Eastside 10k – this is the first race Jan and I did together (although that year he ran 35:46, a full 10 minutes faster than me!)
- While I’m not actually signed up yet, I was given a free entry to go back to CIM – my first marathon and BQ! If you’d like to enter, I highly recommend the forgiving course. You can use code ALYSSARUNS10 for a discount!
And, speaking of travel, Jan and I are going to be in Australia from April 26 – May 13 (insert happy dance!). If anyone knows of any cool races happening in Sydney around that time, I’d love to hear about it! I’m planning to have my peak week for Sun Mountain the first week that we’re there, so any excuse to get in some extra km’s would be amazing!